When you join the military and work Army jobs, Navy jobs, Air force jobs, Marine jobs or National Guard jobs, you get financial benefits that you don’t find in the civilian world. While the financial benefits aren’t the only reason you should join the military, they’re definitely a big part of the incentive and should seriously be considered if you’ve ever thought about enlisting.
1. Your healthcare is paid for you when you work military jobs, while you’re in active duty and for the rest of your life. This in itself is worth tens of thousands of dollars, and something you won’t get from any civilian job.
2. You get bonuses for enlisting into certain specialties. You may qualify for a bonus for enlisting no matter what your field, but some fields like medical specialties often come with big bonuses.
3. Military jobs pay you an excellent salary, and you also get top notch training that makes you an excellent candidate for civilian jobs once you leave active duty.
4. You have the opportunity to stay in the military and make it your career, instead of just serving for a few years and moving on.
5. You won’t ever have to worry about losing your retirement.