1. By joining the Army, you’re making a commitment to your country. You’re doing something that only a small number of people can understand. It’s the ultimate service, to protect your country and her people. This should give you a well-earned sense of pride.
2. When you join the Army, your healthcare costs are covered by the US military. And unlike a civilian job where you get insurance and that insurance runs out when you leave the job, your military healthcare benefits are lifelong. Once you join the military, you’ll be a veteran your entire life, and are covered by medical benefits your whole life. The military takes care of its own.
3. Joining the Army gives you the chance to get a great education. You can get a college degree while serving and training in the Army. You can also use the GI Bill to further your education.
4. Enlistment bonuses can add up to $40,000 for some people joining the Army. You’ll probably qualify for at least some of them, but you may qualify for all of them.
5. Being in the Army gives you good job security when you leave active duty. Companies love to hire military veterans.