June 19, 2014, WASHINGTON (NNS) – The Career Viewpoint Survey and Studies (CVSS) a new career retention survey, will go live on July 1.
The survey will allow Sailors to provide feedback to Navy leadership to help understand why and how Sailors make career decisions and to evaluate the effectiveness of Navy policies.
Here are five things Sailors need to know about the surveys:
1. Surveys are voluntary and completely confidential.
2. Surveys are web-based. Sailors are prompted within their Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS) Electronic Service Record (ESR) account and by email notification that includes a link to an awaiting survey within their ESR self-service account. NSIPS ESR self-service accounts can be created at https://NSIPS.nmci.navy.mil. Note – it is recommended that commands verify that their Sailors’ NSIPS ESR accounts contain a current official email address during the check-in process.
3. Sailors will be asked to participate in milestone surveys at the following points in their active duty service:
At 18 months prior to Soft End Active Duty Obligated Service (SEAOS)
O1-O3: At 15 months prior to Minimum Service Requirement (MSR) or 15 months prior to Projected Rotation Date (PRD) if MSR has expired.
O4-O10 and WO1-WO5: At 15 months prior to Projected Rotation Date (PRD).
4. Exit surveys are conducted six months before an Estimated Date of Loss to the Navy (EDLN) or if there is no EDLN, the exit survey will be available as a self-requested survey within a member’s ESR.
5. The Carr Viewpoint Reserve survey will be released later.