You’ll give a great deal to your country when you join the military, by serving as a soldier. But you get a lot of things from your military service, too.
1. Great military jobs and careers. Joining any branch of the military (Army, Army National Guard, Navy, Air Force, Marine) will get you started on a wonderful career. You’re trained thoroughly so that you know every aspect of your position.
2. The best educational opportunities. You can get educated while you’re in the military, and you can also get your education paid for once your active duty is over. You’ll get to attend college on one of the many plans in place for the military.
3. Lifelong healthcare. Once you join any branch of the military, your healthcare is covered, period. Never worry about medical expenses.
4. Guaranteed retirement. You can’t lose your pension even in the worst economic times. So many have lost their benefits because of the dropping stock market–but as a veteran, your retirement will be there waiting for you.
5. An awesome, well-deserved sense of pride. You have served your country, and now have earned the respect and gratitude of an entire nation. You’re forever a beloved US veteran!