When you serve in the National Guard you are going to get a lot in return. Along with the pride of serving your country, you can earn bonuses while taking advantage of other benefits that are going to make your life easier.
There are many ways to earn money as part of the National Guard. Did you know that some jobs come with a cash bonus upon enlisting? For example, there are big incentives for those who join the health care field. Contact your local recruiter to learn more about cash bonus jobs, including which ones offer the biggest incentives.
Money for College
It can be very expensive to pay for a college education. Fortunately, the National Guard can help with this expense. When you serve, you can take advantage of one or more of the following:
– Up to 100 percent federal tuition assistance for those who qualified
– $300 or more per month with the Post 9/11 GI Bill or Montgomery GI Bill
– Up to $350 per month thanks to the Army National Guard Kicker
– The repayment of student loans up to $50,000 with the assistance of the Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
While some of the most popular benefits are detailed above, there are others that are often times overlooked.
– Free flights when available within the continental United States
– Discount shopping at military bases
– Home loan through Veterans Affairs
– Low cost life insurance and health insurance
– Access to the Federal Retirement Plan
These are just some of the many benefits of becoming part of the National Guard. Are these benefits enough for you to enlist today?