When you join the Air National Guard, you get the distinct honor of protecting those who live in your community. You also get the privilege of protecting those who live in the United States of America. If the honor of service is not enough incentive to get you to enlist, there are many different benefits you can receive as well on the state and federal level.
– The signing bonus just for enlisting in the Air National Guard is up to $20,000
– Tricare medical and dental benefits are available for you as well as for your immediate family. You can also take advantage of low cost life insurance with up to a $400,000 payout.
– As an enlisted Air Guardsman, you will enjoy base privileges including commissary, recreational facilities, morale welfare and the Base Exchange.
Air Guardsmen who enlist for a period of 6 years or more can qualify for college tuition assistance. This is through the Federal educational benefits which are awarded to all military personnel with the completion of certain requirements in their career.
– In addition to the Montgomery GI Bill, the Air Guard Education Benefits pays up to an additional $350 a month. Requirements include 6 years in a critical job skill.
– Air Guardsmen who have completed a college education before enlisting can qualify for the Student Loan Repayment Program. This provides up to $20,000 to those who qualify.
There are several state benefits which are added on top of the federal benefits. These benefits will differ from state to state. Common benefits include reduced auto license fees, tax deferment and tuition assistance.