The United States Marine Corps wants you to join. However, The Corps does have some basic requirements before joining.
– Men and women between the ages of 17 and 29 who are working toward, or have earned, a high school diploma may qualify to enlist.
– The Marine Corps requires a minimum ASVAB score of 32 to enlist.
– For a GED enlistment in the Marines, an applicant must score a minimum of 50 on the ASVAB, but your chances will be much better with at least a 90.
– The Marine Corps is the only service which requires a waiver if you admit to any history of marijuana use.
– The Marine Corps generally approves a higher rate of criminal history waivers.
– The Corps is such a “physically intense service,” fewer medical waivers are generally approved.
-Prior Service non-Marines must attend the full Marine Corps basic training.
Marines Definitely Not For Everyone!
Take all above and acknowledge these factual requirements. However, all for not if you are not committed and determined to serve your country. The honest eligibility for the Marines would require a toughness for survival and dedication of purpose. Be prepared not only to be mentally tough, but physically tough as well. The Marines is not for the weak! You will be tested for battle. The weak will not likely survive beyond one enlistment.