Most people have heard of Navy SEALS and know that they’re a specialized part of the United States Navy, and highly trained military personnel. But not everyone really knows what Navy SEALS do or what they stand for.
1. Navy SEALS take part in reconnaissance missions, direct action missions, information warfare, terrorism warfare, recovering personnel, anti-drug operations and many other types of missions.
2. Navy SEALS make up less than 1% of all United States Navy personnel, but despite their small numbers they make a huge strategic impact on every operation of which they’re a part.
3. Because of the specialized training, SEALS can’t just do combat coming from the sea, but they’re trained in desert, urban and jungle conditions, and can handle explosives and jump from airplanes?they’re trained in every useful skill.
4. Navy SEAL stands for Sea, Air and Land because they’re trained to handle themselves equal well in all these situations.
5. Though they’re trained in a variety of ways, Navy SEALS specialize in combat in surprise strikes from the sea as well as a secretive return to the sea. This allows them to strike and return clandestinely numerous times doing the most damage possible, and achieving aims that larger troops couldn’t manage without being noticed.