Obtaining a prestigious education is an essential component of personal success, and as a result many endeavor to locate the best education institutions in the country. Knowledge however is not the only characteristic required for a successful career, but integrity and disciplines play vital roles as well, which happen to be two key components of the military.
Military schools place great stress on teamwork, discipline and goal oriented education, and aim to develop extremely capable graduates that are ready to take on leadership roles in various occupational pursuits. Here are five of the best Military schools in the country, and enrolling in any one of them is the ultimate ticket to an unrivaled career.
1. US Naval Academy ? number one on this list and for several good reasons, the US Naval Academy is one of the finest military institutions in the United States. Established in 1845, the mission of the institution is to educate, train and develop officers for commissioning in the Marine Corps and U.S. Navy. Regarded as the second oldest federal service academy after West Point, the Naval Academy prepares students to take charge in the civilian as well as military sectors.
Recently ranked as the #1 Liberal Arts College in the United States, the Naval Academy offers a choice of 22 majors and 3 divisions, and is fully equipped to offer the best academic training. Its notable alumni include 2 Nobel Prize winners, 16 Marshall Scholars, 45 Rhodes Scholars, 990 notable scholars, 50 astronauts and 1 President.
2. The U.S. Military Academy (West Point) ? established in 1802, making it the oldest federal academy in the U.S., West Point has played a pivotal role in producing some of the best leaders this nation has to offer. The school for over 200 years has developed the highest quality officers for the United States Armed Forces, and offers an astounding 45 academic majors. Getting admission to West Point isn?t easy, with only 12% of applicants gaining admission each year.
3. Texas A & M University ? regarded as one of the six senior military colleges in the United States, Texas A & M is the sixth largest university in the United States and has produced 225 generals and flag officers ever since its inception in 1871. The university is home to 18 research facilities, 10 colleges and offers degrees in over 150 fields.
4. US Air Force Academy ? Established in 1954, the USAFA is one of the most prestigious federal service academies in the United States, and also one of the most popular tourist places of interest in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The mission of the academy is not to attract tourists, but educate, train and produce some of the best officers of character in the country.
5. Norwich University ? Established in 1819, Norwich University is the birthplace of the ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program and is sometimes referred to as the Military College of Vermont. The school offers 29 majors that span across 6 academic divisions, and has produced more than 130 generals in the armed forces.