There are many financial perks available to you when you join the military. In addition to the job security and prestige of serving with the United States Armed Forces, the financial benefits are definitely quite an incentive. If you have ever thought about joining the United States Military, here are some of the perks available to you:
1. Your health care coverage is paid for you when you work during active duty and for the rest of your life. Health care coverage for your spouse and dependents is also available for little cost to you. Life insurance can also be purchased inexpensively for different amounts of coverage.
2. You may qualify for a bonus just for enlisting in the United States Military. Some specialty fields that are undermanned also come with big bonuses. You may also qualify for re-enlistment bonuses should you decide to continue your career with the military.
3. Military jobs pay you an excellent salary, with cost of living allowances built into the yearly pay rates. You will also receive training that makes you an excellent candidate for civilian jobs should you decide to leave the military.
4. You have the opportunity to stay in the military and make it your career, instead of just serving for a few years and moving on. Should you choose to pursue a military career, there are several tuition assistance and education options available to you. Continuing advancement opportunities also make the military very attractive as a lifelong career.
5. You won’t ever have to worry about losing your retirement. Your retirement may be available to you after 20 years, instead of the 40-45 year wait standard of a civilian career.