There are over 16.5 million military veterans in the United States right now. Veterans often face several challenges after leaving the military, including unemployment, health issues, poor mental health, and even homelessness.
With that in mind, it’s important that veterans take advantage of every benefit they can get to help manage their health.
One tool that military veterans can take advantage of is MyHealthyVet. We’ll tell you about the different features of MyHealthyVet and how it works in this article.
Keep reading to learn more.
How MyHealthyVet Works
MyHealthyVet (also known as MyHealtheVet) is an online personal health record that was designed to help all military veterans manage their health information in a central location. It also allows them to access certain VA services more easily.
It provides several different ways for veterans to manage their health. Some include:
- Allowing veterans to store military history information and important health information
- Giving veterans access to VA health care at any time
- Allowing veterans to view, download, and print their information
After personal information is uploaded to MyHealthyVet, it can be easily shared with their doctors, family members, or caregivers in a safe and secure manner.
Types of MyHealthyVet Accounts
There are several different types of accounts that veterans can take advantage of when they sign up. The three types of accounts are basic, advanced, and premium.
Any veteran can sign up for a basic account. It provides limited access and doesn’t allow viewing of personal health info in VA or DoD systems. However, it can:
- Track a personal health journal with information like health history, medications, allergies, and more
- Keep information about healthcare providers, insurance, and emergency contacts
- Track health measurements like weight, temperature, heart rate, cholesterol, and more
- Print an ID card with the information
- Set personal health goals
Advanced accounts are only available to patients and veterans of the VA. In addition to basic features, they can also refill prescriptions online and view information from DoD and VA records.
Finally, there is a MyHealthyVet Premium account. This requires an authentication process to verify a veteran’s identity. Once verified, they can access:
- Future VA appointments
- VA admissions and discharges
- VA lab results
- VA immunizations received
- VA pathology reports
- VA wellness reminders
Those with a Premium account can also access several mobile apps as well.
Features and Benefits of MyHealthyVet
Being a member of MyHealthyVet has several benefits that can help them better manage their health. This includes several things, like:
- Better access to pharmacies so that they can refill prescriptions easily
- Easy access to VA appointments
- Secure messaging with healthcare providers
- Top-tier assessments of health
With MyHealthyVet, veterans can easily track and organize all of their health records in a single place.
Take Advantage of MyHealthyVet Today
If you’re a military veteran, make sure you’re taking advantage of MyHealthyVet. It’s a great way to keep track of all of your medical records and history in a single, convenient place.
And make sure you’re staying up to date with all of the latest military news. Check out our other articles today!