As a soldier in the Army, you may find yourself moving from time to time. This may not be a big deal for those who are single. However, if you have a family the process is much more difficult. Fortunately, the Army is available to help. With relocation assistance, it is simple for families to manage the relocation process thanks to standardized information as well as a variety of targeted services and programs.
Are you an active duty soldier? Are you permanently changing stations? If so, you are eligible to take advantage of Army Community Service (ACS) relocation services. This can help manage (and sometimes lower) the cost of relocating to another area.
Relocation Readiness Program Benefits
In short, the Relocation Readiness Program is meant to ease the relocation process for Army personnel and their family. Through the proper assistance, including counseling and training, the relocation process can go smoothly from start to finish.
At every Army installation ACS Center you will find a professional staff that is trained in providing help with the relocation process. The following services are offered to soldiers and their family members:
1. Information on their destination as well as preparation assistance. This includes details regarding: housing costs, housing availability, moving costs, child care, community orientation, and employment opportunities for the soldier?s spouse.
2. A variety of ?settling-in services? which include but are not limited to: private housing, children care, spouse employment information, government living, Hearts Apart for Waiting Families, and cultural adaptation.
3. Professional counseling in many areas, such as: home selling and buying, renting real estate, financial management, shipment of household goods, property management, stress managements, and pets.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Allowances
As an active duty soldier, you may qualify for several permanent change of station allowances. This money helps soldiers and their families better manage the cost of moving. Below are the core permanent change of station reimbursement programs:
1. Dislocation allowance
2. Move-in housing allowance
3. Per diem allowance
4. Monetary allowance in lieu of transportation
5. Household goods transportation
6. Temporary lodging allowance
7. Advance basic pay
8. Advance BAH
9. Advance OHA
Being a ?military family? is never easy. However, the Army does their best to make this as simple as possible, for everybody involved, by offering relocation assistance as well as financial allowances.