Military police perform assigned good order and discipline, and support the commander’s law enforcement and security requirements in peacetime and combat operations.
Should you pass all requirements to become a MP in the Corps, you will attend Military Police Basic Officers Course in Fort Leonardwood, MO. The course is 9 weeks long.
Typical duties of a military police officer include:
– Foot and motorized patrol
– Control of pedestrian and vehicular traffic
– Flight line security
– Crime prevention/physical security
– Communications dispatcher
– Squad leader, operations sergeant, platoon sergeant, and provost sergeant billets.
This is a very demanding MOS in that the military police are confronted with every form of violation and criminal liability, misdemeanor through felony.
As a Military Police Officer, you may attend law enforcement courses and schools. During your second tour, you may be assigned to Inspector-Instructor Staff for Marine Corps Reserve Military Police units among many other roles.